Friday, September 22, 2006

"Tokyo Story" and b-day

Me, Francesca (Italy) & Aiko (Australia)

060922, Friday

Have you ever seen an old, famous Japanese movie? Well, I have not. Therefore my friends and I took the chance today. We saw a film called "Tokyo Story" which apparently is one of the most famous Japanese movies. It was nothing like the movies I am used to see but it was a nice experience.

Since it is one of my friend's birthday today we went out celebrating after the movie. We decided to have curry rice. The menu was pretty funny, you could choose your level of spiciness from 1-10. To every level there was some additional information. From level 1-4 it did not say anything funny but it all started from level 5;

Level 5: Not for the faint-hearted. Be aware of the consequenses!
Level 6-10: You may not choose this level if you have not tried level 1-5 first. One step at a time!!

We had a good laugh about this and decided to settle for level 3, it seemed pretty innocent. But soon enough I had tears in my eyes!! It was sooo spicy!! I wonder what kind of people orders level 10?? haha, well definitely not the faint-hearted I suppose :)