Sunday, February 11, 2007

Wedding

The bride and the groom

Delicious food

070211, Sunday

Today was THE day. At least for my cousin and his bride considering the fact that they got married today :) All the relatives and friends, about 80 people all together, gathered in a church a little before 10AM. We got served some drinks and then all the relatives from the bride's and the groom's side stood in lines and the fathers of the bride and the groom made a short presentation of everyone of us. Since I had not had the pleausure in meeting too many of them before it was good for me to have this little introduction. I am sure they were just as keen on finding out who I am as I was about them hehe. With this having done the other guests joined us as we got seated in the chapel. The wedding ceremony was about to begin! It was very beautiful and I felt so lucky being able to be here in Japan, at this time, to witness this. After the couple had said "I do" to eachother we all went to the wedding reception. We enjoyed french food with champagne, red and white wine, beer etc while having a good time together. The bride and the groom radiated pure happiness :) Before the reception ended, at about 3 o'clock, the couple made a speech each to their parents and hearing my cousin speak I could not help but to shed a tear or two. The wedding was very beautiful and I wish the couple best of luck!