Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Fuji-Q High Land

"Eejyanaika"

"Dodonpa"

"Fujiyama"

"Shining Flower"

Enjoying the ride "Shining Flower"

Great view of Fujisan :)

Tasty food

070313, Tuesday

Today I woke up early to be able to be at Shinjuku at 7AM. The resason for my doing this is that I met up with a friend at Shinjuku where we took the bus heading for the theme park "Fuji-Q High Land". A little before 9AM, when the theme park opened, we arrived. We were not exactly the only ones there, the place was already rather packed. Until 5PM, when the park closed, we enjoyed as many rides as possible! For instance the three rides which all have the Guinness World Record; "Eejyanaika" where "Riders turn upside down a total of 14 times during each 1,153 m run". Another is "Dodonpa" with the record that the rollercoaster gets into a speed of 172km/h. The third one is called "Fujiyama" and "It is 79 m tall, and has a lift height of 71,5 m, a vertical drop of 70 m and a design speed of 130 km/h". They were all great but I liked the "Eejyanaika" best :) Other less dangerous attractions we tried were "Mad Mouse", "Merry Go Round" and "Tea Cup". We also went on the "Shining Flower" but the container in which we sat was made out of glass so we had a great 360-degrees view. The name of the theme park comes from the fact that it is really close situated to Fujisan. So while enjoying the roller coasters we really had a great view. I like Fujisan very much so this made me very happy :) A little past 5PM we went on the bus again back to Shinjuku. After that we continued to a restaurant in Ikebukuro where they have a "Japanese food tabehoudai" which my friend recommended. The food was great. Different types of rice, karaage, tofu in various forms, vegetables etc. They actually even had whale so I tried a little piece. The meat is rather dark and the taste is pretty strong. I did not like it very much, I much prefer karaage :) We had a great time today!