Tuesday, March 06, 2007

IKEA

IKEA in Yokohama

Swedish meatballs, Ballerina cookies, elderflower drink and sallad

I bought some Swedish "skorpor" and chips

"Goodbye"

070306, Tuesday

I went to IKEA in Yokohama with my cousin's wife and their two kids. Since I have almost been living in Japan for six months (already!!) it felt very strange for me when I first saw the IKEA sign. Entering the building it looks just like the IKEAs in Sweden. Strange! We walked around and looked at the different items being sold. Then we had lunch and of course I had to try the meatballs. I have never had the meatballs at IKEA in Sweden but still I am pretty sure that the taste is about the same. Having enjoyed delicious Japanese food for a long time it felt strange eating this. It was good but I certainly prefer Japanese food!!! No doubt about that :) After a couple of hours we went back to my cousin's home so I could play more with the kids :) Later in the evening I went back home and enjoyed the chips hehe.